I took a serious vow 10 weeks ago.
I vowed to embrace adventure over chaos for the summer.
I embraced this mission with all my heart.
I had a strategic plan.
I had a support crew.
I had hope.
And even with all that, this mission was HARD.
There is no denying that there were moments of magic this summer. There were plenty of those. And for that, I’m beyond grateful.
But I’m ending this season exhausted and in need of rest and reflection to figure out how I can do better next year.
Even in the face of fatigue, there were some valuable takeaways from my “adventure over chaos” mission.
- I can be wildly productive in short stints of time if that’s all I have
- I can keep my business growing outside of the structure and routine I typically thrive in
- I can ask for help and everyone will immediately lean in to help me
- I can compartmentalize work and play more than I thought I could (barely, lol)
- My simple routines keep me grounded, even in chaos (morning practice and workouts, mainly)
- In the absence of full days to myself, small blocks of restorative time make a big difference
- I’m not as immune to mom guilt as I thought I was
Listen in to this full episode if you’re also recovering from a season of overwhelm OR approaching a season of overwhelm. There are some powerful lessons shared that will help you through the hustle!
- Shameless Mom Con 2020 tickets are available!! Early Bird tickets are on super sale here: Shameless Mom
Thank you to our sponsors:
- Fabfitfun: To get $10 off your first subscription box (making it only $39.99 for $200 worth of products) go to Fabfitfun and use the code SHAMELESS at checkout.
- care of: For 25% off your first month of personalized care/of vitamins, visit Take Care Of and enter the code SHAMELESS at checkout.