Can we all agree to tear off our Busy Badges and chill out a little. Life is only as hectic as you make it. If you find yourself living in constant overwhelm, it’s because you are allowing that to happen. Let’s all start taking Radical Responsibility for our time and our priorities. And for goodness sake, stop indulging your ego by telling others how busy you are.
When I started taking Radical Responsibility for my busyness, I became a LOT less busy. I was able to slow down and simplify my life in a number of ways. I no longer wear my Busy Badge. I tore it off and stomped on it until it was no longer recognizable.
Here are 7 secrets to help you slow down & simplify:
- Meal Plan – do not be a slave to the 4:45pm “what’s for dinner” trap. Listen in to hear my top tips on how to make meals suuuuper simple forever.
- Time Block Chores – stop doing chores everyday. Yep, I’m giving you permission. It’s a waste of your time and an energy drain. Listen in to hear how to do less laundry and less bathroom cleaning (and stop dusting!)
- Divide & Conquer – you are not the only capable person in your family or your neighborhood or your children’s school. Listen it to hear how to enlist help and support.
- Social Boundaries – Your kids have social boundaries at school, right. There is a time for play and a time for work and a time to chill. You should have the same at home, especially on the weekends. A go-go-go lifestyle is not good for your kids or for you. Listen in to hear how to create some rules around your social calendar.
- Stop Over Scheduling – you and your kids don’t need to be involved in everything. It doesn’t make them more well rounded. It doesn’t make you more important. It just makes everyone a little more nutty. For real. Stop. Listen in to hear how to pick and choose activities.
- Quality Quiet Time – this is my best secret. You have to do it. I promise you’ll thank me.
- Outsource (groceries, yard work, laundry) – free up mental space and create more time and energy by getting help. It doesn’t have to be expensive. Listen in for cheap tips!
If you can follow any of these 7 steps, you will:
- free up mental space
- reduce decision fatigue
- create space for peace and calm
- model good habits to your kids
- tear off your Busy Badge