Today on the show we are going to be talking with Laurie Kennedy. Laurie is a Toronto based nutritionist, health and wellness business expert, online strategist and mother of two. She works with health practitioners, healers, coaches and fitness professionals who want to start up their purpose driven businesses. Laurie does not mess around!
Laurie makes it all work beautifully, even though it’s not always so beautiful. We are going to talk about the challenges of having kids, the challenges of working with her husband (he is business partner), and dirty moments like when she broke down in a hotel shower on Mother’s Day and the magic of 5 am.
Laurie shares with us:
- When things don’t go your way you just need to laugh and don’t take everything so seriously
- Messiest moment she has ever had—Mother’s day: just to be left alone for 24 hours. This is when she realized that she needed to take care of herself and get her alone time more often so that she didn’t feel this way again.
- Spending an extra day on a business trip is not necessarily a good thing. You may get more things done but you should know how you will handle it emotionally.
- Husband time challenge—different work spaces and don’t bring the work home.
- The word selfish is the word self with ish
- 5 am is Laurie’s self-time—she needs the 90 minutes to herself or sometimes spend a whole night and day at a hotel to recharge
- It’s really nice to not be on someone else’s schedule sometimes
- Set up a morning routine before the world starts and if you need help get child support! Even if it’s 2 hours a week! This can help you keep from feeling trapped.
- Her legacy is to help women know that you don’t have to do things if you don’t want to just because
You visit our website at http://selfishmomacademy.com