Have you ever tried to do something to get out of your comfort zone, only to have it go terribly wrong and have your life flash before your eyes? Yeah, that happened to me and my son! Then we’re going to talk about one of my biggest passions! I have built an entire career on it for the last 13 years. That’s right! We are going to talk about exercise! What kind of exercise is right for you and how you can integrate it into your life, and how to make it feel like it’s not a big chore.
In today’s episode:
- Having a guilty mom moment—We took a family trip and went tubing to try something out of our comfort zones and it was terrifying! Vinny did recover from his shell shock. Thank God!
- If something doesn’t feel quite right listen to your gut!
- Before I was into exercise and athletics, I was a mac and cheese kid—broke my thumb in gym class. Best day of my life! Six weeks on the sideline! Woot!
- Always be aware of your goal when you exercise—fat loss, weight loss, stress relief, movement
- Determine the type of exercise—fat loss or weight loss: safe weight strength training, interval training
- General health—walking and running at a low to moderate pace. Just get your heart rate going.
- Stress relief—find something to zone out! Walk, run, hiking, yoga etc.
- Enjoyment of movement—sports, clubs or outdoor activities
- Schedule your exercise! If you don’t you will negotiate your way out of it!
- Accountability can be essential. Do what you have to do to make yourself do it.
- Effective and efficient. Exercising 3 days a week is a good start.
- Focus on afterglow when you don’t want to do your exercises.
- Do things on a regular basis. Be a good model. Teach your kids that movement and eating healthy is the norm.